2talk Hunt Groups
2talk provides all users with a free and simple linear hunt group service. The service allows you to distribute phone calls from a single telephone number to a group of up to 10 phone lines. You can decide if you want the hunt group to be enabled at all times or on specific days and times (such as outside of work hours). The service also allows you to set how long to wait before moving to the next number in the hunt group and whether to follow normal call logic or send calls to voicemail on no answer from the Hunt Group lines.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to getting your Hunt Group service up and running:
- Use the tick box to turn the feature on and off
- Use the drop down box to select your time of day rules so the hunt group is only enabled during work hours etc.
- Set your timeout rules for the main line. By default the line itself will be rung first for the number of seconds specified in the first timeout value (seconds timeout before trying hunt group). This defaults to 10 seconds. Setting this to '0' will mean the line itself is not rung but the call will go directly to the first hunt group number
- Set up your Hunt Group. You can have up to 10 numbers (1st to 10th) in a Hunt Group. These will always be tried in order 1 - 10 so make sure you enter your Hunt Group numbers in the order of employee priority for answering calls. Each number can have its own timeout before moving on to the next number. The default is 10 seconds timeout for each number. Hunt Group numbers can either be 2talk or PSTN numbers are also allowed. If it is a 2talk number then the number is dialed directly without following any 'features' on that line.
- Decide call logic to follow if no one in the Hunt Group picks up the call. Use the tick box at the bottom to turn the feature on and off. By default this is off so call will go to Voicemail or Call Forward unavailable if this is setup. If you tick the box the call will follow the normal logic set for the main number such as Locate Me.
- Click save options to implement your Hunt Group.